[H-GEN] Big ticket spending [was: The lca movie.]

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Mon Jun 22 04:17:29 EDT 2009

Greg Black wrote:

> As far as I can see, the only way in which such a purchase could be
> contemplated would be if it was sponsored by some commercial body who
> saw some benefit in doing that.

Before you get too bogged down in worrying where the money will come from, work
out a fair analysis of what you'll use it for.  Find out what the lowest cost of
 a decent item to meet your needs is; and then if it's reasonable (ie < $350)
apply to Linux Australia for a grant.  Perhaps they'll only offer a portion,
maybe they'll cover the lot, maybe nothing.  However, Linux Australia does have
money available for user group grants like this.  If your request is reasonable,
and you have a sensible plan for looking after it and using it, then I would
imagine that you'll get a good response.  Once you have some idea of LA's
response, then you can get bogged down in where the (rest of the) money will
come from.

   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |
  _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'           | contact at perltraining.com.au |
 (il),-''  (li),'  ((!.-'             |   www.perltraining.com.au   |