[H-GEN] Fwd: AGM date

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Jul 24 19:15:21 EDT 2009

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009, matheist76 at westnet.com.au wrote:

> Yep I can well appreciate that. The problem is not with us not giving you
> enough warning, which we fully plan to do. But more with pressing the
> issue well before any real sense of urgency is required. This is what I
> feel Greg is doing.

It's rare that I agree with Greg, but I have to say he's spot on with this
one, although I'm not an active financial member and I likely have no
right in commenting, I'm gunna anyway :)

People have lives (yes, shock horror I know) regardless of if they are 16
or 60 (well you know what I mean), something that is of such importance
should be set in concrete 3 months before hand so people can plan around
it, you say "The AGM normally happens in September", having been on this
list for years I agree members should expect September, but that's a mere
5 1/2 weeks away, if I was an active member, what should I do, block out
every weekend in the entire month? Hardly fair.

Perhaps those who next wish to stand for the executive will ensure this
sort of thing is addressed properly and professionally next year.

--
Res

-Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers