[H-GEN] AGM date

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:52:01 EDT 2009

Howdies,

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 6:32 AM, <matheist76 at westnet.com.au> wrote:

>        why the rush on the AGM meeting date.

The AGM has to be held in September, it also has to have two weeks
notice, so there's only a couple of weeks before early September is
out.

> The last AGM was held on the 20th of September last year and was
> announced on the 23rd of August by our esteemed ex president Clinton > Roy (See bellow for a copy of that email).

Meeting announcements are the job of the secretary, I seem to recall
being forced to send that one out as the secretary didn't get around
to it.

Apart from formal reasons, having special meetings announced as early
as possible lets people hash out issues on the list so we don't spend
three hours discussing a constitutional change (hence my floor rules
of last year).

I would also like to see the minutes of the last exec meeting before the agm.

cheers,
--
Clinton Roy
CSIRO - Robotics Platform Engineer