[H-GEN] Fwd: AGM date

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Jul 24 18:14:17 EDT 2009

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009, Arjen Lentz wrote:

> If, as in some orgs, 6 weeks notice is required, then the prospective date of
> Sep 5th is already no longer feasible. If it's 4 weeks notice, then please
> get your collective exec into gear and make it happen - I presume you'll need
> some venue confirmation, which requires communication and response from third
> parties... by the time you get that done, you'll be cutting it fine.

Revelevant parts of the Constitution:

Section 5: General Meetings

e. Notice of at least two weeks must be given for any Special General
Meeting.

m.  The Annual General Meeting shall be held in the month of September.

n.  The Annual General Meeting shall be considered a Special General
Meeting.

So the AGM must be held in September and at least 2 weeks notice needs to
be given.

Perhaps the membership may wish to increase the notice period.  This would
require a 2/3 majority vote at the AGM or an SGM (Section 10 b).

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy
Projected IPv4 exhaustion: http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html