[H-GEN] Postfix, etc., and spam filtering

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Tue Jul 7 12:10:47 EDT 2009

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Menno wrote:

> Postfix can do this. See the following:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_PROXY_README.html
> http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html

Yes I can confirm that a Milter will fulfill Greg's requirement.

> These approaches require some effort on your part.

Pointing Postfix at a milter is normally one line in main.cf.

There are a lot of pre-written milters:

Thr milter architecture comes from Sendmail so Postfix inherited a lot of
capability as soon as it implemented milters.

https://www.milter.org/

One very useful milter is Policy.  While it may not match Greg's
requirements other might find it useful:

http://www.policyd.org/tiki-index.php

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy
Projected IPv4 exhaustion: http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html