[H-GEN] Postfix, etc., and spam filtering

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Mon Jul 6 20:04:54 EDT 2009

Asking a question here worked for Gaz, so maybe it will work for
me too ...

Last time I checked, Postfix did not offer a mechanism to scan
incoming messages with an external spam filter during the SMTP
conversation (i.e., at the end of the DATA phase), but only at
subsequent phases (i.e., after having accepted the message in
the SMTP conversation).

If you know for a fact that this glaring weakness has been
corrected, I would greatly appreciate a gentle (or not so
gentle, as you prefer) nudge in the direction of the relevant
part of the relevant FM.

Alternatively, if you know for a fact that some other MTA has
such a capability, I'd appreciate its name and the same hint
about where to read the FM.

I'm really hoping somebody can point me to such a thing, as my
only other option is write an MTA, and that would be a boring
and tedious effort.

With apologies to anybody who is puzzled by any of the acronyms
or technical bits.

Cheers, Greg