[H-GEN] Wireless Broadband help.

Simon Ellis ellis777 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jan 21 20:43:11 EST 2009

An acquaintance of mine has a recent Dell Laptop (Inspiron 1525) with
Wireless Broadband on board.

It came with MS Vista but he has loaded Ubuntu 8.10. He is relatively
new to Linux but is more than willing to give it a good go and explore
its possibilities.
He would like to have the Wireless Broadband working with a Vodafone
SIM. I do not know the connection type, USB or PCI, and have invited him
along to the next HUMBUG meeting.

I know some HUMBUG members have used the external Vodafone USB dongle
and look forward to their help.

He also has an Asterisk box that he would like some advice on.

Thank you.

Regards,
Simon Ellis.