[H-GEN] Room Bookings Update

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Thu Jan 15 03:28:28 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 17:03 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I guess it's nice to offer free tech support, but that just doesn't sound
> like a fun way to spend every other saturday evening to me. *shrug* YMMV.

Ahh, so that is your main concern.  I should have picked up on it
earlier.  I agree a never ending stream of people wants us to
configure their Firefox proxy for them or something is close to
a nightmare.  But it is unlikely to happen.  At least, I find it
hard to imagine - sort of like trying to imagine a flood after
being in the desert for years.

But even if it did happen, I am confident we can fix it.  Just
speak to them like we would on a developer mailing list.  We
are good at that.  This entire thread started because of an
email telling us we are good at that.

Seriously, if we get a couple of hundred streaming through the
doors for the first few meetings after O'week (/me closes eyes
trying to imagine what that would be like at a Humbug meeting -
but fails), and get no new members what have we lost?  A little
hair maybe?  I don't know about the rest of the members of the
club, but I think it is a small risk to take for getting some
new blood.