[H-GEN] Room Bookings Update

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Wed Jan 14 04:53:17 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 17:48 +1000, Greg Black wrote:
> Um, no.  Since people bring children to Humbug meetings, often until
> late at night, what is OK is quite limited.  Some attendees don't seem
> to get that.

Yes, well.  I can't deny I like the odd bit of porn myself.
Sadly, roughly 1/2 the population - mostly of the other
gender, feel uncomfortable with it.  Since they don't like
it I think it is common courtesy to not subject them to it.
More to the point, if we want them to feel included and
welcome at the club - we should try to ensure they aren't.

I agree it can be a problem now.  In fact I recall one girl
complaining about it earlier this year.  It wasn't a huge
problem as she knew the guy displaying it.  Which was just
as well, because he ignored her.