[H-GEN] Room Bookings Update

Matthew Franklin matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Wed Jan 14 01:57:15 EST 2009

Hi all,
          this has really sparked a lot of conversation. That's good.
Thanks Roy for you input. I have no issue with MS specifically.
I would however add that my personal inclination is not to help out
people with propriety software , I do make an exception with
Apple software to a point. I'm willing to be the new point man at
meetings. I have started coming in at 3pm, most of time. After
linux conf I'll be doing Advertising for HUMBUG. Mostly A4 pamphlets. In
March I hope to run an install fest. Also if you feel
inclined to give a talk at HUMBUG send me an email and I'll post it for
you. We won't go into a discussion about problems with
meetings except to say that it wasn't  as big a cock up as it first
appears. The other thing. I have brought to most meeting a cd
collection  that includes all the most popular UNIX distros around.
Please feel free to ask me about borrowing a copy, of getting a
copy from me. Unfortunately I won't be at the next Humbug due to the
Linux Conf. Thanks everyone for your suggestions I'll try
and put as many of them into practice as is possible.

Matt (Humbug Librarian)

PS If anyone has access to no cost photocopying please see me. I'll have
a printed sheet ready. Thanks.