[H-GEN] Room Bookings Update

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 23:09:17 EST 2009

cheeries,

> When I walk into a HUMBUG meeting, I see some scary people

Whilst I agree there are scary people in the group, and suspect that
we would both agree on who the scary people are, how on earth do we
set up unambiguous rules about kicking such people out?

I guess this covers most of it for me:
* does not wear shoes
* does not use soap
* goes to sleep during meetings
* tries to electrocute/burn/explode/implode oneself
* displaying objectionable material

though I'm sure there are others. Perhaps a civility code of conduct
(similar in principle to ubuntus) could be written up.

I would propose a warning system, three strikes and your out. Each
strike should be decided on by an exec member. Three strikes means
expulsion from the club for at least a year.

> and a few small groups of people that appear to be having mostly
> a social gathering.

I guess I tend to do my techy stuff in a social way at humbug, after
my talk last week we went for dinner and continued to talk about
robitics for a while.

policy wonkily yours,
--
Clinton Roy