[H-GEN] toggling touchpad

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Mon Feb 23 19:50:55 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 07:28 +1000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> As I said in my previous post I think there must be a later udev rule
> (or something post udev) that is resetting the touchpad after my rule
> has changed it.

OK.  It gets a bit hard at this point, as I can't see your udev
rules.  It may be worse than that.  X11 may be getting a event
which it acts upon after a while.

The only thing I can suggest, other than bringing it along to
the next Humbug meeting, is to turn on udev debug logging so
you can get some visibility into what is happening.  You can
do that by either editing /etc/udev/udev.conf, or (preferably)
running "udevcontrol log_priority=debug" assuming you have it
installed.

Other things I often try when I get desperate is something like
replacing synclient with a script logs what is running it into
/tmp, or using strace to examine what udevd is doing.  However,
what you do with the information generated is getting beyond
what can be explained over email.