[H-GEN] Very cheap Subversion hosting?

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Mon Feb 23 06:40:13 EST 2009

On 2009-02-23, Benjamin Fowler wrote:

> I have a small problem.  I have a pile of small projects I'm messing around
> with in my space time, on both my machine at work and on my Mac laptop while
> on the road.  It's just occurred to me that Subversion or CVS is a better
> solution than sneakernet (dug), so I'm looking around for a public
> Subversion repository to use.

I wouldn't use Subversion and I wouldn't use a public repo for the
purpose you describe.

I'd grab an almost-free virtual host from

    http://www.rapidxen.net/

and install whichever RC system I liked (in my case, it'd be Mercurial,
but that's not important).

If you later decide you've written something that needs lots of
collaborators, you can just upgrade your server as needed or else
migrate to SourceForge or similar.

I have no connection with those people, other than as a satisfied
customer with two small servers in different locations.

Greg