[H-GEN] Fwd: the mail lists and what I'm meant to subscribe to

matheist76 at westnet.com.au matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Mon Aug 17 05:55:22 EDT 2009

Hi Deadcat
to your first question: a) is it still a requirement that members
must subscribe to announce?

yes it is. I just spoke with James and his net connection is behaving
badly so I will just pass on what he has said. You subscribe to each of
the lists individually.

To your second question: b) is there a way for me to find out what lists
I used to be subscribed to with my other email address/es ? (I changed
my email address for general, and I also suspect I may have had a different
address from years ago to when I rejoined just this membership year)

I'll see what I can do. I can't give you an answer tonight. It will mean
trawling through the old subscription lists and looking for you email
address. If you pass that on I'll do that and get back to you. Now the
ones I have were a part of the backup of Caliburn but I can't say how old
they were as it's a copy of a copy that was in someone's home directory
on Caliburn.

To your third c) -are- announce and general mandatory subscriptions? or is announce
the only mandatoy one?

I would say that none of the lists are mandatory. Just chose what lists
you would like to subscribe to. However I would recommend general and announce.

Matt.

PS I am often wrong about things so take what I have said about your questions b
and c with a large grain of salt. If I am wrong I apologise.