[H-GEN] Comparative (exec) performance attitude

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Sat Aug 15 19:03:31 EDT 2009

Hi all

I'm fairly fed up with this nonsense of comparative performance.

 - late AGM announcement? ohno, previous execs were much later
   (the research involved to come up with that knowledge is stunning in itself).
 - overall exec performance? nono, previous execs were much worse.
 - individual performance? it's ok, because others did less or were worse.

In my very not so humble opinion, any individual using such arguments/excuses/justifications -there were a few and you know who you are- instantly and automatically disqualifies themselves from receiving my vote.

The rationale is very simple: if you can't or won't take responsibility for your own actions (or inactions), you should not be given any responsibility. And if you can't make that judgement for yourself either, an election is an excellent time to get told: votes will speak.

Cheers,
Arjen.