[H-GEN] Membership forms

Mark Ellem mark at colmiga.org
Fri Aug 14 23:12:53 EDT 2009

Hi,

On 15/08/2009, at 11:53 AM, Elspeth Thorne wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug
> and     ]
> [ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will
> vanish. ]
>
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 7:27 AM, <matheist76 at westnet.com.au> wrote:
>> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug
>> and     ]
>> [ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will
>> vanish. ]
>>

>> I don't see any real reason not to have a double sided form. Those
>> in charge, the Exec, surely should be able to print both sides.
>> It's not hard. By having the UQ terms and conditions it means that
>> new members are made aware of the conditions of the use of UQ's
>> network. If they don't know what they are then they should not have
>> signed the form. So if they do breach those conditions we can point
>> out that they were informed of them.
>
> Matt;
>
> The exec has in the past many, many, many times printed out the forms
> single-sided. I would advocate a single-sided form on the basis that
> the exec gets it wrong about 50% of the time (in the last 5 years). It
> would make it a lot simpler.

Hence the idea is for a 2 page PDF that can either be double sided on
one page or 2 single pages.

> Additionally, card stock in advance of the AGM should be created; that
> or some form of printing from the as-yet vapourware database.

The membership database now has a schema and the current Exec is
working with Stephen Thomas and Daniel Devine for a web based front-
end for admin and general tasks. Hopefully this work is continued by
the next executive as things as moving faster on this particular
project than in the past.

Cheers,
Mark.