[H-GEN] Membership forms

Elspeth Thorne treasurer at humbug.org.au
Fri Aug 14 22:41:55 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 12:25 PM, <matheist76 at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>
> Greg Wrote:
>>The reason is so they can vote at the AGM.  There are several
>>people whose membership needs to be renewed so that they can
>>vote, and they want membership forms so they can renew their
>> membership.
>
> I refer you to Section 5 subsection h where it clearly states that:
> "# A Financial Member must have been a member for a minimum of three months to have voting rights at a Special General Meeting. "
>
> So if they wanted to vote in the coming elections they really should have paid months ago. While I can see a reason to have the forms available online before the AGM this will not affect the inability for people to vote.
>
> I really don't like insulting people Greg. Even you. However I do like like being insulted either as you have been doing. My question is why? What is the real issue here. It definitely has nothing to do with membership forms.
>
> Matthew Franklin
> Matt

Matt,

Since many of our members have previously held memberships for periods
longer than three months, then according to the constitution's
wording, quite a number of them (should they pay membership today, for
instance) would be more than entitled to vote at this year's AGM. The
supply or nonsupply of forms therefore can and does affect the ability
of members to vote in this year's AGM, either in person or via proxy.

Elspeth.