[H-GEN] Who does naked DSL in Bris?

Greg Lehmann Greg.Lehmann at csiro.au
Wed Sep 10 23:21:28 EDT 2008

Another thing to consider is if you need other services that use a phone
line, like security alarms. When you consider how complicated a VOIP
call is and how turning power off would turn your alarm call back to
base off ...

I also wondered about how responsive the supplier is to getting your
service fixed when it breaks. I have had 3 outages in the last 3 years
due to Telstra work in the street on 2 occasions and a storm on another.
I would imagine the ISP would just get Telstra to do it and I wouldn't
be at all surprised if they give priority to their own retail customers,
rather than the ISP wholesalers.

whirlpool for the players, as it changes daily. About a month ago I had
an Optus salesman turn up at my door to try and sell the newly enabled
service from my exchange. Internode use Optus and their own DSLAMs where
they have them. IInet have been advertising, but it depends on your
exchange - so use whirlpool.

my 2 cents