[H-GEN] caliburn downtime

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 01:08:20 EST 2008

hey folks,

As you've probably noticed, caliburn (web and mail server) have been
down longer than we wanted.

For some reason, one of caliburn's hard drives didn't like to be
moved. Then this same hard drive stopped caliburn booting. Another box
in the rack of our sponsors (Mark, Ray and Bruce, not necessarily in
that order) was having issues with the move, and that took priority.
So basically it took me most of a day to work out we needed a new hard
drive.

Today, with a new hard drive in my fist James and I went in again to
get caliburn back up. We had trouble with an upgraded kernel not
seeing any of the pci bus. we had problems with the raid array. yadda
yadda.

So, while caliburn is up again, it's definitely not where we want it
to be, but it should stay up for as long as we want it to (crosses
fingers)

Thanks to James for doing the sysadmin stuff today,
--
Clinton Roy
CSIRO - Robotics Platform Engineer

humbug.org.au  - Brisbane Unix Group