[H-GEN] Bridge building

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 05:03:40 EDT 2008

Howdy folks,

Something that frustrates the heck out of me working on software all day
is the lack of a physical outcome from all my labour.

In order to remedy this and have a little fun I've got the bits
together to have a
paddle pop bridge building competition at the next humbug meeting.

The challenge is to build a bridge out of paddle pop sticks and a hot glue gun.
Bridges will be put under an increasing weight load until only one is left. The
winner gets to keep their bridge in one piece.

Download the video from here to get a feel for what I'm on about:
http://revver.com/video/126207/build-popsicle-stick-bridges/

Having never run one of these things I'm sure some of the following
specifics will change on the day:
only the provided paddle pop sticks and glue can be used
only the two provided anchor points can be used.
span: 1m
paddle pop sticks: 500

What I need people to do is to organise themselves into groups (max
5/group) and to come up with a fun group name (ala scrapheap
challenge).

Please follow up your group names to the list :)

cheers,
--
Clinton Roy
CSIRO - Robotics Platform Engineer