[H-GEN] Fwd: Fwd: Red Hat - Office Opening Invitation

Scott Wilson siridar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 04:48:45 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Russell Stuart
<russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:

> Clinton,
>
> Is this the alternative to MythTv you were referring to on
> Saturday?
>
> http://xbmc.org/
>
> Anybody else know about it and can comment - is it better
> or worse than Myth, features it lacks, hackability?

I use XBMC on a actual xbox for media duties, and I have for a while.
For my needs, its pretty much perfect - decodes all
standard-definition content that I throw at it (codecs and such) and
has a *very* slick interface that works nicely with my Foxtel
programmable remote. If there's any interest, I'll bring my 24"
monitor (because it has component input) and my Xbox along to the AGM
for a quick demo.

Regards,

Scott