[H-GEN] myth(ical)tv

mick mickhowe at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 15 20:46:59 EDT 2008

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:22:48 mick wrote:

> I recently bought a hdtv capture card and I'm trying to set up mythtv to
> record programs for later viewing and burning to dvd for 'keepers'.
>
> My setup is:
> P4 core2duo 2.4GHz
> 2GB RAM
> Leadtec winfast DTV1000 S
> Kubuntu 7.10 gutsy gibbon

> After reading the docs several times I have been able to setup mysql and
> partially configure mythtv, as far as scanning for channels but can't find
> any channels.

found the problem, only 2 of the 3 chips are supports currently and I'm unable
to find any indication of if/when that might change.

I've emailed the saa71304 driver dev, Leadtek and NXP (the chip maker) and not
even received "read receipts' from any of them.

So anyone recommend a linux compatible, currently available, inexpensive
(about $120ish) analog and digital card?

/]/]ik