[H-GEN] Brisbane's timezone

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Mon Apr 7 10:24:53 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Greg Black <gjb at yaxom.com> wrote:
>  The second reason why this vote serves no useful purpose is that -- as I
>  explained in a previous reply -- this is not an election.  If you want
>  this change, you have to persuade the TZ people (and I can tell you for
>  free that you have no chance of doing that).

You're probably right, but if everyone took the attitude that
entrenched administration won't allow change, then change would
*never* happen. You have to keep people talking about things if
anything is ever to change. One day (years from now) man people
involved in glibc will be new. If people have been discussing the
issue in the meantime then it might change after all.

(Oh dear. Too much coffee. I really should learn to pull me head in).

Paul Gearon