[H-GEN] Brisbane's timezone

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Fri Apr 4 00:02:33 EDT 2008

First, please don't top post.

On 2008-04-03, Jason McDonald wrote:

> /me votes for AEST.

The most compelling reason why that serves no useful purpose is that it
doesn't mean anything remotely useful -- people use it to mean both
Australian Eastern Summer Time and Australian Eastern Standard Time, and
by "people" I mean both government agencies and computer systems admins.

The second reason why this vote serves no useful purpose is that -- as I
explained in a previous reply -- this is not an election.  If you want
this change, you have to persuade the TZ people (and I can tell you for
free that you have no chance of doing that).

Greg