[H-GEN] Brisbane's timezone

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Mon Apr 7 02:08:55 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 03:53:17PM +1000, Brendon Higgins wrote:

> Numerous people wrote:
> > Arguments against DST.
>
> Then there are those (my father, for one) who like to do things in the cool of
> the morning (e.g. exercise) before work, who lose an hour of useful light
> because of DST. 'Course, if he lived further south of the QLD-NSW border it
> probably wouldn't matter as much.

There are those (myself, for one) who like to do come home when the
day is still bathing in sunlight and to do things with the kids
until the sun sets and they have to go to bed. Right now I have to
be home at 17:00 for that because the sun sets at 18:00 already.

I vote for removing the DST too and just set the clock back two
hours!

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org