[H-GEN] Grub Error

Sandra Mansell sandra at mansell.id.au
Tue Apr 1 23:13:52 EDT 2008

Deepan wrote:

> Hi All,
> I deleted my windows partition using live CD. Now
> my machine won't boot into linux. It stops at the
> grub prompt with the error operating system not
> found. How do I reinstall grub using live CD? Or
> should I boot into my linux operating system with
> root, kernel and initrd option in grub and then
> install grub ?

Two questions:

1. Are you 100% certain it was the windows partition you deleted?

2. Did you install grub before or after you deleted the windows
partition, and if it was before, which OS was the default to boot?

Sandra.
sandra at mansell.id.au
"I don't need no-one to tell me about heaven.
I look at my daughter[s] and I believe."
    -- Live, "Heaven"