[H-GEN] Free IPv6 Books

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Tue May 8 21:16:29 EDT 2007

I have a pair of new technical books [1] on IPv6 to give away.  Both are
new, but arrived slightly damaged [2] from Amazon and have now been
replaced.  Because of their weight and associated shipping costs, I was
not asked to return them.

If you were once a reader of the Stevens TCP/IP Illustrated books and
are looking for the equivalent for IPv6, then these are for you.  If you
don't feel like digesting over 2,000 dense pages describing the innards
of IPv6, then you really don't want these books.  Note that the two
books go together as a set.

The first person who replies directly to me [3] and is willing to pick
them up from my place in Indooroopilly or at the next Humbug meeting (on
Saturday, 19 May), can have them.

Cheers, Greg

----------
[1] Here are the book titles, a URL where you can read the publisher's
    information and a short URL from TinyURL.com which amounts to the
    same thing, but might be easier to paste than the giant original
    1. IPv6 Core Protocols Implementation
       http://books.elsevier.com/bookscat/links/details.asp?isbn=9780124477513&country=United+Kingdom&ref=&mscssid=7XRTHC3M5XJA9NUEVGGH67S7TPD36UP4
       http://tinyurl.com/yva5ve

    2. IPv6 Advanced Protocols Implementation
       http://books.elsevier.com/bookscat/links/details.asp?isbn=9780123704795&country=United+Kingdom&ref=&mscssid=7XRTHC3M5XJA9NUEVGGH67S7TPD36UP4
       http://tinyurl.com/26ooem

[2] The damage in each case is limited to the first couple of title and
    advertising pages being separated from the spine.  The material of
    interest is still bound properly.  Naturally, the books will need to
    be treated with some care, but for a saving of about $200 that seems
    reasonable.

[3] Any replies to the mailing list will be ignored.