[H-GEN] Attachment sent as .pdf arrives as .dat - any clues?

Johann Kwiatkowski johann at spot-the-dog.com
Wed Mar 7 02:53:47 EST 2007

On 07/03/2007, at 4:31 PM, Stephen Thorne wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug
> and     ]
> [ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will
> vanish. ]
>
> On 3/7/07, moondrake at aanet.com.au <moondrake at aanet.com.au> wrote:h
>> Any clues as to what the problem might be would be appreciated.

I have this issue when getting emails from my Aunt all the time at
its to do with the version of outlook that she uses. It wraps the
file and sends it as a winmail.dat file. There are applications you
can get to unwrap it, or if you can, change the default settings on
the email client sending the email,

cheers

Johann

Johann Kwiatkowski