[H-GEN] My SATA, motherboard nightmare

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 01:14:26 EST 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:14:59 +1000 "Brendon Higgins"
<blhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a problem I've been having with SATA harddrives, filesystem
> corruption, and my ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard. It's a bit lengthy, but
> details pretty much everything I've tried (which is quite a bit). I'm
> looking for confirmation (or otherwise) that what I've done and the
> conclusions I've come to are sane. This one has been driving me nuts.

You didn't mention if this computer is sitting in an air conditioned
room, or sweating it out in 32 degree heat.  My main two suspects are
the PSU (covered by others) and the different airflow in the new box.
Things may be overheating now that didn't overheat before, and it may
just be marginal overheating.