[H-GEN] RE: LCA Bid Venue Update

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 20:17:12 EDT 2007

Howdies,

> 4.  As Clinton said, the buses will be going against peak
>     hour traffic.  I am not sure how relevant this is, as
>     during January there is no peak hour traffic to speak
>     of.

My point was that the bus timetables are geared to getting students to
uq in the mornings, and back to the city in the evening; exactly
opposite what we want. But, as QUT has said, they'd be organising
busses for us.

> Given the footbridge linking Southbank and QUT, we can also
> hire venues in Southbank.  The Piazza seats 2000, the
> Performing Arts Centre seats 1800, there is a 20m2 daylight
> visible screen.  There is even a beach which they are happy
> to hire out.

The foundations of the beach are apparently cracked and leaking like a
sieve, in this time of water rationing I wouldn't be suprised if it
was shut down by the end of this year (when we're expected to hit
level six water restrictions). And then there's ugly picture of a
thousand geaks in too-tight wet lca 2007 t-shirts.

*shudder*
--
Clinton Roy
CSIRO - Robotics Platform Engineer