[H-GEN] Linux connection to the internet.

Troy Piggins troy at piggo.com
Sun Sep 24 21:48:49 EDT 2006

* Russell Mathews <russellmathews at gmail.com> :

> I have managed to boot up my linux box running Fedora 4.  I have it
> connected through a D-Link-G604T to ADSL.  I have my windows box [that
> is how I am writing this] connected through that same modem/router.
> My problem is that connection by my Linux box to the net is very slow,
> when it occurs.  Often it times out.  I have been able to access the
> humbug site as well as the whirlpool, but not google nor mail.google nor
> yahoo.com.au/.  This was identical yesterday and today.

On your linux box, do you have a DHCP server running?  Is there
also one running on the router?

How does you windows machine get it's IP address?  Nameservers?
How does you linux machine get it's IP address?  Nameservers?

Does your linux machine use the router as it's nameserver?  What
does your /etc/resolv.conf have in it?

> I hope someone can point me to the right screen on which to make
> appropriate settings.

Screen?  What?

--
Troy Piggins
  ,-o   Ubuntu v6.06 (Dapper Drake): kernel 2.6.15-26,