[H-GEN] Windows to *nix

David Duffy david at audiovisualdevices.com.au
Fri Sep 22 00:15:41 EDT 2006

Anthony Irwin wrote:
> <snip>
> I admit that most the time problems caused was windows and the last
> windows os I used as a desktop at home was win98 and a bit of xp where
> I used to work and things may have changed in the last 3-5 years since
> I stopped using windows. But I still see tons of people complain about
> their windows computer playing up and giving them trouble. Yeah people
> can argue that they have problems with *nix too but I find once your
> up and running you normally stay that way when running as a desktop
> computer.

A lot of the problems that users have with their PC's are their own
doing. I find Windows XP to be very stable. Those who have major trouble
with Windows tend to be the ones that cause the damage themselves, but
will never admit it. They would break a *nix box just as quick! :-)
David...

David Duffy        Audio Visual Devices P/L
Unit 8, 10 Hook St, Capalaba 4157 Australia
Ph: +61 7 38235717      Fax: +61 7 38234717
Our Web Site: www.audiovisualdevices.com.au