[H-GEN] Connecting to 2 ISPs one entirely just for the FreeZone, How?

Bruce Campbell bc at humbug.org.au
Thu Sep 14 04:05:01 EDT 2006

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, De Crow wrote:

> If a PC on the LAN requests a page that is in ISP1's Free Zone I want the
> router to use that Link, for everything else use the link on ISP2.

a 'page'.  Ergo, you are only wanting this setup to request web pages.
Thus, you do not need to do any IP routing tricks at all; the web proxy
'squid' can be easily set up to do this.

More information is at http://www.squid-cache.org/ , including brief
HOWTOs to do what you have given the impression that you are wanting to
do. (search for Cache Hierarchies)

Your main 'gotcha' will be rebinding the tcp outgoing address if either
(or both) of the links from ISP1 and ISP2 are not via static IPs.  A
simple script can do that for you each time the link is established.

--==--
Bruce.