[H-GEN] Thunderbird and ISO8859-1 encoding

David Duffy david at audiovisualdevices.com.au
Sun May 28 21:39:16 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,
Thunderbird seems to use ISO8859-1 encoding by default which has been
seen as undesirable (spam) to a few government departments that we deal
with.

The IT department of one of them has told us that it was the encoding
that was triggering their spam filters. They have since added us to
their white list but I can't possibly get them all to do that.

Is it worth changing to something else (Unicode UTF-8) to make our
outgoing email any more friendlier?
David...

David Duffy        Audio Visual Devices P/L
Unit 8, 10 Hook St, Capalaba 4157 Australia
Ph: +61 7 38235717      Fax: +61 7 38234717
Our Web Site: www.audiovisualdevices.com.au