[H-GEN] Appointment Scheduler

Rick Phillips rickp at suntech.net.au
Sat Mar 25 18:29:29 EST 2006

> > Does anyone know of an open source appointment scheduler which would
> > drive off a Linux box, perhaps php/mysql based which can be
> > simultaneously accessed by staff in a Windows Domain environment?
>
> http://www.opensourcecms.com/ has a section groupware that might be
> relevant. They seem a bit overkill though if you just want
> appointment scheduling.

FWIW, I started hacking to make a modified MRBS (Meeting Room Booking
Service) for the above job and then found reference to the original work
that MRBS was derived from - WebCalendar.  I had installed phpGroupware
but it is a confusing array of too much rubbish.  If you you want an
office program with the kitchen sink, the Eiffel Tower and Parliament
House, Canberra thrown in, then phpGroupware is your choice.
WebCalendar on the other hand just makes appointments in a multi-user
environment and is perfect for our needs.

Regards,

Rick Phillips