[H-GEN] CDROM mount problem on Open SUSE.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 19:21:28 EDT 2006

I seemed to have missed the email you were replying to.

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:00:30 +1000 Anthony Irwin
<anthony at server101.com> wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug
> and     ] [ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses
> will vanish. ]
>
> andrew laidlaw wrote:
> >
> > /dev/hdc   /media/cdrecorder    subfs
> > noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf 8 0 0

The "subfs" and "fs=cdfss" bits mean that when you insert a CD, it will
automatically get mounted.  I don't know about Open SuSE, but SuSE in
general will find the label of the CD, create a mount point in /media
to match that label, then mount it there.  SuSE may be getting confused
by the attempts to manually mount the CD after it has already been
mounted.