[H-GEN] need some html/javascript pointers (setting window attributes)

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 00:00:46 EST 2006

Hi!

Javascript need not be extraordinarily painful, not should doing
simple things like having dynamic web pages.

I'm going to present two very complicated things in the same example,
both done relatively sanely, with a minimum of code.

First of all, I should point out that via serverside code (you
mentioned you were punishing yourself with PHP already) you can run
these webpages without any dynamic, javascript based, behaviour at all
- it just requires more effort.

The first case is the simple one. Show an image, dynamically, using javascript.

The second case is slightly more complicated. Submit a form to the
server, get some data back, and act on that data. Some call this
'AJAX', but I call it 'Javascript'.

All the source code I wrote:
http://thorne.safenetbox.biz/~stephen/demo.html
The JPEG used:
http://thorne.safenetbox.biz/~stephen/demo.jpg
The 'dynamic' response from the server:
http://thorne.safenetbox.biz/~stephen/demo.json
The JS library I used, and highly recommend:
http://mochikit.com/
I learned CSS here:
http://w3schools.com/
--