[H-GEN] Upgrading Debian from Potato

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Fri Feb 17 23:57:31 EST 2006

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Tony Nugent wrote:

> My particular issue for looking at it, was to become familiar with Debian
> itself, eg, it is missing sendmail and some of the networking tools I'm more

apt-get install sendmail (watchout - it'll remove the current MTA although
the config will remain unless you purge).

> used to (like /sbin/ip). But postfix was easy to figure out and ifconfig (etc)

apt-get install iproute2.

Postfix is my preferred MTA these days.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd      Email:          support at opentrend.net
                              Web:            www.opentrend.net
We are open 24x365 for technical support.  Call us in a crisis.