[H-GEN] Talks and stuff

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Wed Feb 8 02:38:54 EST 2006

On 2006-02-07, Anthony Towns wrote:

> What do people think about having some more regular talks at HUMBUG,
> or other sorts of things other than just turning up for net access,
> informal chatting, and dinner every other week?

I certainly think this would be an excellent idea.

> What sort of talks would people be interested in turning up to see?

I'm clearly not qualified to answer that, given the groans that
met my last offering; but I'm certainly happy to give talks if
people suggest topics that they're interested in that I know
enough about.  And I'm also quite happy to participate in panels
that people might set up to cover topics that might be hard to
do as a straight talk.

I'm hoping that plenty of people who would be consumers of talks
will speak up so that those of us who might give the talks have
some guidance on suitable topics.

> The LCA wrapup talk is this weekend aiui, starting at 4:30; and Pia
> Waugh, the Linux Australia vice-president and one of the organisers
> of linux.conf.au 2007 in Sydney will probably be around to talk to
> also. Maybe we could have an informal little BOF about what sort of
> talks people would like to see / do at HUMBUGs then?

That sounds like a good idea to me.

Cheers, Greg