[H-GEN] Recommendations for AMD 64bit H/W

Ronald Bradford humbug at myvirtualemail.biz
Sat Feb 4 22:38:29 EST 2006

Hi All,

I'm wanting to upgrade my Linux server, so I'm going to take the plunge
and buy new H/W.  I've sort of decided to go with the AMD Athlon, to
trial both 64 bit, and AMD, both of which I have neither tried.  Before
I rush out and buy a motherboard, could anybody give me recommendations,
or more specifically bad experiences of linux incompatibility.

For H/W I'm looking at a 3000+/3200+ CPU,  2GB RAM, onboard LAN/Sound
and suggestions for a video card that can do dual head.  Currently, I
use a Raedon, but it looks like the newer cards with digital output can
run 2 analog signals with a converter  (anybody doing this to confirm
would also be most helpful)
I'm planning on using either CentOS 4.2 (which is my current OS), or try
SUSE 10.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ronald Bradford