[H-GEN] router

Rudolf Vyborny rvyborny at bigpond.net.au
Thu Dec 21 03:32:26 EST 2006

I have a broadband cable connection from Telstra. It worked fine for a long time until recently. Telstra did something and I lost all connection. It took them five days to get me back on line but only directly bypassing the router. It was rather painfull to get the router working but with the help of Netgear the router now works in Windows but in Windows only. I believed and many people confirm it, if the router works in one operating system it should work in another too.  MY router is Netgear RP614 my Linux is Suse 10. I   went to Bigpond Boadband Cable login ->Options->Advanced-> and disabled Auto Connect.  Then I disconnected Cable Login.
Switched off modem and router. Waited for half an hour and tried to connect, switching on modem, switching on router and connected modem to the router and the router to the computer, logged in Suse but no success.
Can anybody help?
Rudolf