[H-GEN] agm agenda

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Wed Aug 30 22:05:59 EDT 2006

On 2006-08-31, Clinton Roy wrote:
> On 8/30/06, James Iseppi <lists at iseppi.org> wrote:
>> While it is a requirement for there to always be an exec member present at
>> a meeting, perhaps only those members willing to stay and pack up
>> occasionally should consider nominating.
>
> This is my main beef. It should not be a requirement to be a insomniac
> to be an exec member. Packing up the meetings should not be the main
> task that an exec agrees to, it should be a minor inconvenience, a
> side show. The fact that the current, highly competent, executive
> finds this task difficult to share around, means that the bar is set
> too high.

For what it's worth, I think this makes a lot of sense.  If
slightly earlier closing and slightly shorter meetings would
make it possible for more people to feel comfortable about
putting their hand up for exec positions, then I think that's a
worthwhile benefit that comes at a trivial cost.

> I would certainly encourage every humbug member to think about what
> they can do for the club, from things like volunteering for the uq
> computer museum [...]

This leads me to a question: what is the computer museum, and
what sort of things can we do for it?

Cheers, Greg