[H-GEN] debugging usb connected phone

Anthony Irwin anthony at server101.com
Thu Aug 3 20:08:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a samsung x640 phone and would like to be able to read it from my
Linux computers. Now the bad thing is even though I have the usb data
cable it does not work as a standard usb storage device.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to some web sites or suggest
some software or methods for determining how I could start debugging
what is happening with the phone when it is connected to the computer
and run tests by tring to send data to the phone or try to scan it to
see if there are ports or something that can be connected to.

I have done quit a bit of searching and it seems that the phone has only
been released in certain country's so I guess thats why no one else has
gotten it to work so I figured it might be an interesting experiment to
see if I can get my phone to connect to Linux.

Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated. Also is it just me or is
the Humbug mailing list sort of dead or dieing or is it just me thats
thinking that the list has slowed down to an almost a complete stop?

Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin