[H-GEN] My Mega Distro Server now has a Dual Layer DVD burner.

Jim Clark jim at logique.com.au
Fri Sep 16 04:00:30 EDT 2005

David Seikel wrote:

<snip>

>  So, anybody know how I can
>fix K3B, or an alternative GUI front end that I can use?  I am currently
>using the versions supplied with SuSE 9.3 PRO, updated to the latest
>SuSE patches as of last weekend -

Are you sure that it is k3b causing the problems? I've been using it
for years without problems - provided I don't use certain brand disks.
I have found many of the cheaper brands either come out as coasters,
or degrade within a few months to the point of being unreadable.
I now use Verbatim (DVD-R) disks, as they are one of the few brands
officially recommended for use with my pioneer burner. Had no problems
with these brand disks.

--
Cheers,
Jim.