[H-GEN] SFD Summary

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Mon Sep 12 03:30:27 EDT 2005

On 2005-09-11, Jason Parker-Burlingham wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 03:46:28PM +1000, Russell Stuart wrote:
>
> > Here is a short summary on how Software Freedom Day went,
> > and ideas for next year.
>
> Wow.  Stunning, and excellent work.
>
> Well done, all!

Indeed, it was a great report of an obviously successful day.  I
add my congratulations to all those who contributed.

Since it's obvious from Russell's report that there is some work
that could be worth doing in preparation for next time, I wonder
if we might assign part of the 1st meeting in October to a bit
of a group discussion so that we can get some the things that
need some lead time started early.

E.g., we need some documentation prepared.  It would be nice to
do this in an open format using open source tools and to take
the time to get it nicely edited and typeset.  I'm sorry I could
not contribute this year (the date was wrong for me), but I'd be
happy to put in some time on the preparations for next time.

Cheers, Greg