[H-GEN] DVD Legal Issues

Anthony Irwin irwa82 at yahoo.com
Sun May 29 21:04:55 EDT 2005

Hi,

I realise that people in humbug are not lawyers but I
thought that maybe someone may know the answer off
hand.

I was wondering if it is legal in Australia to use the
dvd decryption librarys used to play dvd movies. I was
also wondering if it is legal in Australia to create a
backup dvd of a movie which you legally own.

I will still watch dvd movies on my GNU/Linux box if
it is not technically legal to do so, I am just more
or less interested in if it is just the US that is
making a big deal about it.

Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin