[H-GEN] Software Freedom Day - Sept 10th

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Sun May 22 00:38:12 EDT 2005

On Sun, 22 May 2005, Pia Waugh wrote:

> would HUMBUG be interested in participating in Software Freedom Day on the
> 10th September? Basically it is an opportunity to strut our stuff, get

I think this is a great idea.  I'll be in Brissie on holidays so offer my
time to man a stall, do a talk on FOSS, etc.

> If you are interested, it'd be great to have a HUMBUG entry on the SFD
> website under the "Australia" team entry I already have, and put down what
> you'd like to do.
> http://softwarefreedomday.org/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=41&func=view&id=15&catid=2

As this is an international event the media should be contacted.  It
should be easy enough to get 30 seconds at the end of the news as "human
interested" and we might be able to get a lot more.

> Keep in mind that Linux Australia have grants available for worthy FOSS
> projects and you can apply for one at
> http://www.linux.org.au/projects/grants

Nice.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.