[H-GEN] Any thoughts on Wiki software?

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Mon Mar 28 02:22:39 EST 2005

Raymond Smith wrote:

>software to use?  I'd be especially interested to know about the
>administrative side of your prefered Wiki as I have not been involved
>with a Wiki that is open to the general public before.

I've used both phpwiki and moinmoin at work.  Didn't particularly like
phpwiki but it did the job and was easy to install.

We more recently switched to moinmoin and I'm much happier with it.
It's python based and doesn't used a database to store the data (one
less thiong to go wrong).  I['m not really a python coder (yet) but my
co-worker has done a nice theme for it and added some nice new macros...
in particular was a nice one that runs an oracle query via the python
oci bindings and displays the results in a table which has proved
terribly useful for generating dynamic status pages of the goings on in
our database.

Cheers,
Michael