[H-GEN] Solaris 10

James C. McPherson James.McPherson at Sun.COM
Thu Jul 7 00:49:51 EDT 2005

Anthony Irwin wrote:
> I have just spent the last few days downloading the
> dvd version of Solaris 10 for x86 and was wondering if
> anyone knows if there is a supported hardware database
> or list I can look up to see if my hardware is
> supported before I begin.

Firstly, I guess you haven't seen that Solaris10 is on the
cover of this month's (July) APC?

Secondly, http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl

> Also I have never seen Solaris before and I am of the
> understanding that it is considerably different to
> GNU/Linux so if anyone knows of any good training
> resources that would also be helpful.

http://docs.sun.com
#opensolaris on irc.freenode.net

I've been known to answer the odd question or two about the
OS I work with on a daily basis too.

cheers!

James C. McPherson
--
Pacrim PTS Engineer            828 Pacific Highway
                                Gordon NSW