[H-GEN] Ubuntu CDs

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Wed Jan 26 19:38:49 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 09:33 +1000, Byron Ellacott wrote:
> I have two each of PPC, AMD64/EM64T and x86 edition Ubuntu CDs.  The x86
> edition comes with a Live CD and an Install CD, the other flavours are
> Install only.  If there's interest in these, I'll bring them to a
> near-future HUMBUG meeting.

I have the warty ISO that I will be uploading to the distro server at
the next meeting, if there is enough room.

I heard about Ubuntu from a guy I got to know from Perth. When I tried
it out I was very impressed. Since it was at version 4.1 and there was a
very large community and heaps of information about it I assumed that
somehow this great distro had slipped under my radar.

It confused me to read that it was only released last October. Since it
is so easy to use I would recommend it to first time users, since it is
based on Debian I use it for my servers.

--
Regards,
Harry